Build a comprehensive action plan to support the long-term success of your family enterprise.
Generate, protect and utilize your wealth effectively across generations
Many of our clients manage a portfolio of investments in addition to their operating businesses.
Most launch their family office after a large liquidity event, or when there is sufficient demand within the family for a shared services platform that can leverage economies of scale.
These organizations are sometimes structured separately from the rest of the enterprise or designed for tax efficiency rather than financial or social impact. Consequently, their strategies and resources aren’t always coordinated with the rest of the family’s entrepreneurial activities.
LGA helps families generate more value from a Family Office by:
- Educating owners and leaders on the range of possible configurations of a Family Office and the requirements for its long-term success
- Generating strategic alignment around a shared vision, purpose and values for the family’s investment and shared services activities
- Designing and launching a new Family Office – or assessing and restructuring an existing Family Office – consistent with this strategy
- Ensuring that the governance of an existing Family Office is coordinated with the rest of the family’s operational, philanthropic and estate planning activities
- Assessing and developing leaders and leadership teams
- Designing efforts to educate, involve, and transition leadership to the next generation
- Facilitating more productive relationships between family members and professional staff within the Family Office
- Developing processes for effective risk management across the enterprise – including both operating and investable assets
Want to learn more about our support for Family Offices?
Family leaders must have the courage and stamina to create an inclusive, participative, and results-driven culture in the family and business, supported by the right policies and systems. Such a foundation will set the stage for a family legacy which both sustains across multiple future generations, and grows along the way with each group driving growth and diversification and making its own mark.
“Moments of crisis can bring families together or they tear them apart – the choice is ultimately theirs…”
Why is it hard to find good successors? We believe that the root issues occur earlier in the lives of next-gen members, linked to the manner in which they experience their family’s wealth and legacy during adolescence and early adulthood.
For many, family philanthropy presents an opportunity to create a shared experience, unifying the
family by working together toward a lasting legacy of impact. Family philanthropy can also give
participants an opportunity to explore and cultivate their personal—and sometimes separate—
Nicolas Hollanders explains what it means for family business owners to be engaged with the project.
Many families have decided to formalize a Family Office to serve the financial and professional needs of family members.
Nicolas specializes in governance design and succession planning for family enterprises around the world.
Ivan is a Founding Partner and consults with complex family businesses in the USA, Canada, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Devin has been advising and teaching for over a decade and specializes in the financial, organizational, and strategic aspects of complex family enterprises.
Fernanda is a partner working primarily in Central and South America. Fernanda has extensive experience supporting families in transition.
Simran supports family members in building financial acumen, systems, process and structure to complex family enterprises so they can focus on sharing, collaboration, and harmony.
Tim Kelly led three family offices over the last three decades and now helps families solve the multi-faceted challenges of managing generational wealth.
Dimitris specializes in helping family enterprises and family offices navigate complex geopolitical, financial, and macroeconomic challenges.
Basma has been a leader within her family enterprise, Saudi Arabia’s Zamil Group, and advises enterprising families throughout the middle east.
Bob has decades of experience as a global advisor, predominantly in the Middle East and South Asia, with a focus on strategic planning and governance.
Holly Isdale is a trusted advisor to multi-generational families who appreciate her deep technical expertise and industry experience.
Galit is a strategic financial coach and a trusted advisor to ultra-high-net-worth families and family businesses.